About the Project of the Year
The Masonry Institute of Hawaii Project of the Year Award recognizes a project that has been constructed in Hawaii using local contractors and workers that has had a positive impact on the masonry construction industry, the community and clients.
The MIH will accept all entries by December 7, 2018. All supporting materials must be submitted to MIH by this date to be considered for the award.
Send your applications to:
95-1030 Meheula Parkway #892711
Mililani, HI 96789
The 2018 MIH Project of the Year Award is open to masonry and concrete projects of all types and sizes that have been substantially completed and in use within two calendar years prior to nomination. If a project has multiple phases or segments, then “substantially” completed will be construed as that point when the final phase or segment is 90% completed and available for use. The project must have been constructed using local masonry contractors.
All entries should include the following:
- Completed entry form
- Brief description of the project, not to exceed 250 words
- At least six photographs of the project.
- Summary describing how project meets judging criteria, not to exceed 1,000 words.
- Attachments such as articles from local papers or trade journals, if available.
Judging and Notification
Entries are judged by a volunteer selection committee approved by the MIH Board of Trustees. The committee shall present a list of finalists to the MIH Board of Trustees for approval. The Trustees shall approve the recommendations of the committee.
- Quality of Construction
- Design Innovations
- New and innovative application of technology, design, materials, process/methods
- Resourcefulness in Planning and Solving Design challenges
- Complexity of the problem or situation addressed
- Creativity in solutions
- Project Planning and Delivery
- Budget and schedule
- Contributions to the people and community, including aesthetic value
- Safety performance
- Awareness of the need for a good overall safety program during construction
- Sustainability Considerations
- Environmental, social and economic